We are happy to announce that CONUL (Consortium of National & University Libraries, Ireland) is providing funding for two current LIS students, who are studying on LAI accredited courses, to attend this year’s CONUL Conference, on the theme of Inspiring & Supporting Research, taking place in Athlone on May 30/31.
The Bursary will cover all registration costs for the conference. This includes the following:
• Entrance to the Conference Sessions
• Entrance to the Exhibition
• Conference Documentation
• Lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday
• Tea/coffee during official breaks
• River Shannon Drinks Reception & Conference Dinner on Tuesday 30 May
• One night’s accommodation in the Hodson Bay Hotel on the night of 30 May
To apply for the Bursary please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of expression of interest (maximum of one typed page) that includes:
• an outline of why you would like to attend;
• Your anticipated learning outcomes and why you would benefit from attending
• a short overview of your experience using social media, including links to relevant websites or examples of your work in this area (e.g. twitter handle, blog URL, guest blog posts etc.)
LAI Accredited courses can be found here and here:
This will be a great opportunity for somebody at the start of their LIS Career to attend an internationally regarded conference. There will be an opportunity to attend sessions and to network with delegates.
The selected candidates will primarily be assisting the Social Media team in covering the event. This will involve attending sessions where you will be expected to live tweet (and other related activity). Selected candidates may also be asked to help out other committee members.
Selected students must be available to be at the conference venue in Athlone from 09.00 on Tuesday 30th May until 17.00 Wednesday 31st May.
Please note that students will need to cover their own transport costs to and from the venue.
Closing Date for Application is Thursday 4th May 17.00