Call for Papers: CONUL Annual Conference, May 30th & 31st 2017, Athlone, Ireland.
Theme: Inspiring and Supporting Research
The 2017 CONUL (Consortium of National and University Libraries, Ireland) Annual Conference will focus on research and how libraries inspire and support research activities locally, nationally and internationally. The conference will also provide an opportunity for delegates to network, learn, discuss and share their expertise and best practice.
The conference committee welcomes proposals for presentations, lightning talks, posters and a workshop style format called Show & Tell.
Possible topics under the theme of Inspiring and Supporting Research may include (but are not limited to):
- Research and unique and distinctive collections
- Inspiring research through strategic collection development and management
- Marketing and promoting research services and resources
- The Library as publisher
- Open Access
- Horizon 2020
- Skills for researchers
- Library staffing for research support
- Partnerships in support of research within and across institutions
- Role of Libraries in Research funding
- Digital scholarship
- Linking research and teaching
- Research Data Management (RDM)
- New models of scholarly communication
The Abstract Submission System will be open until Tuesday 31 January 2017.
Full details about the CONUL Annual Conference 2017 are available at http://conference.conul.ie/ and proposals can be submitted at http://conference.conul.ie/call-for-submissions/.